North Chesterfield, VA
Centura College first began training individuals for new careers in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1977, and over the years, it continued to expand its training options and campus locations. In 1992, our parent company, Employment Services, Inc., opened its first school in the Greater Richmond area. Called Beta Tech, this campus was located in Petersburg. Three years later, it was relocated to the Arboretum building in Richmond, and in 1998, it moved again to an expanded facility on Midlothian Turnpike, where it is today. In 2008, the school’s name was changed to Centura College.
At Centura, we are always striving to make your educational experience more fulfilling. Flex Learning, available at this campus, is designed to combine the best of on-campus classes with online learning giving you the flexibility to choose a learning strategy that fits your lifestyle.
- Shared classroom and labs in hands-on setting.
- Traditional face-to-face learning model.
- Structured space and time for learning and instruction.
- All instruction and learning is done online, regardless of where you live.
- Self-pacing coursework and personalization.
- Develop rich interactive communication skills.
- Build interactive skills along with the support and structure many students need.
- Reduce commuting time and expense while still having access to on-campus resources.
- Receive face-to-face motivation while developing personal responsibility.
Centura College’s south-side Richmond-area campus offers training for careers in health care.
Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting:
The medical assisting AOS degree offers you two concentrations to choose from: clinical support or management. Regardless which concentration you choose, you will gain the skills needed to meet the demands of the current and emerging health care system. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in 15 months.
Massage Therapy Diploma Program:
The massage therapy AOS program is designed to provide the basic physical and technical skills necessary to be a massage therapist. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as 8 months.
Dental Assistant Diploma:
The dental assistant diploma program is designed to provide the basic skills to take your place working alongside dentists and dental hygienists. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as nine months.
Medical Billing & Coding Specialist Diploma:
This diploma program focuses training on billing and coding of medical records preparing students to become part of a medical interdisciplinary team. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in eight months.
Practical Nursing Diploma:
The practical nursing diploma program provides the skills and qualifications needed to administer bedside care. Graduate with the knowledge necessary to apply for licensure in the State of Virginia. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in only 15 months.
Accreditations, Approvals and Memberships:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- US Department of Education
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training
- Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program
- Virginia Board of Nursing
- Virginia Board of Dentistry
- Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services
- Workforce Investment Act
- National Association for Health Professionals