About Our Professional Esthetician Diploma
The Professional Esthetician diploma program at Centura College provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to become a licensed esthetician. For those passionate about health, wellness, and skin care, our training offers you the chance to learn beauty techniques and health and safety procedures necessary to provide wellness services for your clients. With a career as an esthetician, it’s not just about outer beauty. Our skin is a vital part of our long-term health, and those who provide care and services are contributing to people’s overall well-being.
What Estheticians Do
While skin care services used to be primarily performed by cosmetologists, it has recently become a fast-growing industry, requiring the specialized training of estheticians. Beyond beauty techniques, estheticians also can provide vital health screenings and recommendations. At Centura College, we will teach you about:
- Anatomy, physiology, and nutrition in the esthetics field
- Skin types, conditions, and disorders
- Proper procedures for body wraps, masks, scrubs, and aromatherapy
- Make-up applications
- Application of false eye lashes, lash extensions, lash tinting, and perming
- Hair removal using waxing, tweezing, and chemical and mechanical techniques
- Manual and machine facials, including exfoliation and cleansing
Is a Career as an Esthetician Right for You?
Take the "Centura College Esthetician Career Training Readiness Quiz"
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Esthetician Career Training Readiness Score Now!