Teacher's Assistant (Paraprofessional Diploma)
Teacher’s Assistant, or paraprofessional, training gives students the necessary skills to become employed as a teaching assistant.
While in school, students will learn the fundamentals of working alongside a licensed teacher, such as:
- Assistance in reinforcing lessons introduced by the teacher
- Preparing materials and/or equipment needed for instruction
- Supporting student learning individually or in small groups
- Aiding with classroom management
- Supervising students inside and outside of the classroom
While enrolled in the Paraprofessional Diploma program, students will complete the following:
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Certificate of Completion
- Child Abuse and Neglect Training Certificate of Completion
- First Aid/CPR and MAT (Medication Administration Training) Certification
- ParaPro Assessment Certification.
Once successfully completing the program, students will receive a Paraprofessional diploma. Graduates can become employed as a teaching assistant working in public and private school sectors, to include elementary, middle, and high school learning environments.
Is a Career as a Teacher's Assistant Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Teacher's Assistant Career Training Readiness Score Now!
Find Out More
If you think this program is right for you, click the button below and fill out our form so we can tell you more about it!