Military & Veteran Student Services

Centura College encourages all Active Duty, Reservist, and Veterans using Veterans Benefits to visit the Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the military service prior to enrolling. You can find more information by visiting the VA website and carefully evaluate your options and benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill ® and the new Post 9/11 GI Bill ® and other available programs before making a decision. There are many things to consider before choosing which benefit you wish to receive and whether or not to participate in the benefit programs.

Centura is proud of the active duty personnel, reservists and veterans who attend our school. Many of us have walked in your shoes, and we understand the sacrifices you have made for our country. In fact, in you will find veterans everywhere at Centura: Instructors, Program Coordinators, Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services, and Administration. It’s because of this first-hand knowledge that we go the extra mile to make you feel at home and provide you with the services and support you may need to be a successful student and graduate.

Find Out More

Campus Military Representative

Many Centura College campuses have special Military Representatives; these individuals serve to connect you with admissions, financial aid and all other departments. Your Military Representative will also help you connect with other military students on campus. This is your go-to person for all military and veteran specific support services, including:

  • VA-ONCE Website Application Assistance for Educational Benefits
  • Aid in Retrieving Military Transcripts, DD-214, and other Veteran Forms
  • Acting as the liaison between Students and Local VA Offices and Organizations

Call 877-523-9528 to speak with your campus representative.

Federal Title IV Financial Aid

To apply for Federal financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA and provide any required documentation. An award year runs from July 1st to June 30. To apply for federal aid within the award year, you must apply before June 30 of that award year. There is no institutional deadline for applying for Federal Title IV funding; however, you must complete all requirements to receive funding before the end of your first semester.

The US Department of Education has an excellent website with detailed information on federal aid sources, links to apply for aid and more. Start your exploration by applying for a federal student aid ID (FSA ID). This ID is the first step in applying for aid and allows you to access your federal financial aid information at any time. Click here to get started!

Remember to fully explore all sources of possible funding, especially free, non-repayable grants and scholarships. Student loans can be an option, but again, explore federal student loan offerings before resorting to private loans. Private loans typically are more expensive and less flexible to repay. Consider carefully before you decide to borrow, you must repay that debt. Our guide to Financial Aid and Consumer Information discusses in detail the programs in which we participate to ensure you have the information you need to manage your funding. Please refer to the section “What Aid Programs are Available” for full details. For detailed information on the costs associated with attending our institution, refer to the section “What Will my Education Cost?” in our guide and the tuition and fee information here.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA)

Our schools participate in the armed forces active duty tuition assistance programs. To receive TA, you MUST first apply through your ESO. Each branch has slightly different time requirements, but generally, you must get approval before the start of your program/term. Failure to obtain prior approval will result in denial and you having to cover the costs with some other source of funding. Recipients must maintain passing grades and remain in good standing with their branch of the Service. The table in our FA guide also summarizes current coverage offered by each branch with a link to the respective website.

Go to the Military OneSource website for detailed information on how to apply, how funding works, and what is required of you to maintain eligibility for TA.

Veteran No Debt* Program

Centura College also offers students the unique opportunity to complete their education with no loans to repay. If you are eligible for Chapter 33, this Debt-Free* Program offers forgiveness of tuition and fees not covered by Chapter 33 and Federal Pell Grant, as long as you do not receive any Federal Title IV student loans. The grant does not cover books, supplies, housing, or charges for repeat coursework the VA does not, by policy, cover. Each academic year, the institution will consider Chapter 33 benefits and any federal Pell Grant funding as payment in full, up to the full tuition and fee cost for the program. This commitment to our Veterans assures that service men and women transition from the military with financial freedom and the skills and certifications needed to attain employment in their chosen field and thrive as professionals in the civilian workplace. Speak with a Financial Aid Advisor for more details.

*For veterans and active duty personnel who are eligible for Chapter 33 at the 100% coverage level.

The Veteran No Debt* Program is available at:

Yellow Ribbon Program

Several Centura College campuses are Post 9/11 Yellow Ribbon participant schools. These campuses offer various degree programs which may allow you to qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program. Talk with a Veteran Representative or Financial Aid Advisor at your campus for details.

Our Yellow Ribbon Campuses are:

Veteran’s Education Benefits

Our schools participate in the Veteran’s Education Benefits programs. To receive benefits, you must apply through the VA. Go to the website for detailed information on qualifications, how funding works, and how to maintain eligibility. You will have to provide academic transcripts from all previous training, start working on that as soon as possible to ensure the least delay in processing. You can also manage your benefits from this site once you have applied and been processed by the VA.

For more information about accreditation, transfer of credit policies and academic policies in general, view our catalog by clicking here.


Other Military Benefits

Centura College’s training is also approved by national and state organizations to accept various types of military tuition assistance and veteran benefits for active-duty military personnel, veterans and their dependents. Benefits may include Military Tuition Assistance, Veterans Benefits, Rehabilitative Services, MyCAA and Veteran Survivor Benefits. Talk with a Financial Aid Advisor about availability and qualifications at your campus of choice.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.

"Centura College Gives You the Tools to Succeed"

Get into contact with one of our career service representatives today.

Get Info Now