Get the Skills You Need with Centura

Get the Skills You Need with Centura

Mayowa Afolabi

International Students

Thank you for visiting our USA travel and visa student request page. If you are an international student who would like to study in the USA, Centura College offers various programs accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).

International students will be required to go through a background check. Students abroad who wish to study at our career training school in the USA are encouraged to contact us through the student request form on this page. Additional information and instructions will be provided for you upon request. We have knowledgeable admissions representatives who may be able to answer questions about study, international student visa and travel in the USA.

Please provide as many details as possible so we can help you reach your goals and process your request faster.

Find Out More

Centura College Address

Attn: Centura College International Department
4455 South Boulevard
Suite 200
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452
Tel. +001-757-490-3151

Additional Information can be found here:

For immediate questions, call +001-757-490-3151

Mayowa Afolabi

Click here to view some frequently asked questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

We enroll students with an F-1 visa.

An F-1 student is a non-immigrant student attending a non-academic trade or vocational school, which has been approved by INS to offer such training..

  • Original Financial Affidavit (with sponsor information matching the bank statements)
  • Original Bank Statement(s) showing sufficient funds for the entire 18 months
  • International Passport
  • Acceptance Letter
  • I-20 Form
  • Documentation proving you have a vested interest in returning to your home country after completing your studies.
    • International applicants must meet all of the general admissions requirements listed above. In addition, they must meet the following requirements:
      • Applicants whose primary language is not English must provide verification of English language proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements:
        • Minimum TOEFL Paper and Pencil test score of 480
        • Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 55
        • Minimum IELTS score of 5.5
        • Minimum Pearson PTE score of 42
        • Both a minimum IELTS score of 5.0 and a minimum Standard Assessment of Functional English (SAFE) Exam score of 15 out of 20
      • Applicants must demonstrate the ability to meet tuition and other financial obligations or the ability to qualify for financial aid as an eligible non-citizen.
      • Applicants must obtain the proper visa.

Not all campuses are accepting international students at this time. Please see the campus for details.

Yes, you can fax or email all your required documents to us. You will need your originals with you when you go to the Embassy and when you arrive at the school.

No. We do not offer scholarships or grants for international students. A loan is possible if you have someone in the U.S. who is a citizen, has a “Green Card,” or has political asylum.

Centura College does not have dorms for its students. Each student must attain lodging in the area of the campus in which the student plans to attend.

Yes. We have contacts with hundreds of companies throughout the country, and many of these visit our campus throughout the year to interview students and recent graduates. Our Career Services Department can help you prepare your resume, practice interviewing, and help you make connections with these employers.

If you are in the United States on a visa other than an F-1 visa, you may still be able to study with us. There are restrictions on each type of visa though. Please submit your contact information using the form on this page and an International Admissions Officer will contact you to discuss this in more detail.

Only after all documentation is received and verified by us. We will then send you an official Acceptance Letter to take to the Embassy.

  • The International Student Application Form
  • The Financial Affidavit. This should indicate you have sufficient funds available to cover the first academic year as well as your living expenses (which includes lodging, meals, transportation, etc.)
  • Current original bank statement(s).
  • TOEFL or IELTS exam results (unless your school transcripts show you passed five or more years of English).
  • A copy of your International Passport.
  • A completed Enrollment agreement which will be given to you by your Admissions Officer

Yes, there is a $100 processing fee and a $25 application fee, which must be paid prior to any paperwork being processed. You can pay for this in any of these ways.

    • Give us the credit card information over the phone, by fax or email.
    • Send a money gram, traveler’s check, or a personal check drawn on an American bank made payable to Centura College and sent to the address provided by your Admissions Officer.

No. You will have to pay for that separately. Again, the cost will vary depending on which location you choose and how you intend to live. Example: with or without a roommate.

Public transportation (bus) stops at or near the campus. Many of our students share rides with one another from nearby apartments.

"Centura College Gives You the Tools to Succeed"

Get into contact with one of our career service representatives today.

Get Info Now